Seta (calligraphy book)
- project: Book in use of "Foundational hand/roman minuscule"
- collaboration: Fran Sendbuehler, no bar code press (bookbinding)
- Written in different sizes with 'Brause' nibs on Japanese Kagagampi paper. Use of walnut ink and red Windsor Newton ink. Double pages, folded and placed in a cardboard box, which is hold together by a red silk thread.
- I used Italian and French text excerpts from Seta (Silk) by Alessandro Barrico. It is a 19th century novel about a French silkworm-merchant, who travels between France and Japan. At some point later in his life he finds out that life had passed him without him noticing some of its beauties.
- Book description: calligraphy, Japanese Kagagampi paper, 64 pages/8 sheets, 5.75 x 11 in, unicum
- This is a self-initiated project following a 10 week "Foundational hand/roman minuscule" workshop with Marco Chioini.